msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR in TN

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR in TN
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:05:39 -0500

Hi, I'm Sherry Hicks. I am in Chattanooga and am researching the possibility
of starting an MSAR here. I am working with a very new org. We do vertical,
ground and water. We are still in our organizational stage. I think our
biggest obstacle in this area is going to be selling them on the horses,
they are hooked on ATV. The SAR in this area is also very political. Our
organization is START and the captain lives in Lenoir Co., near Bowater, but
we have members from Knoxville and Nashville. Feel free to contact me,
423-593-9766 and we can talk about getting started.

I am registered for a TEAMA MCO class in April and am planning on using that
opportunity to approach the topic with some higher ups.

Thanks
Sherry C. Hicks

Message: 1