msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deby Brown <spotted_saddle_horse2003@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Feeding SAR horses
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 06:34:55 -0800 (PST)

I agree with you Quincydew. If it's a short trip, a
couple of hours or so, then I dont hay them. If it's
longer 4-7 hours, then I give them a little hay to
keep them occupied. However, when I travelled to
Kentucky, my horse hardly ate any of the hay. My
horses are paddocked, we do not have pasture. So they
are used to not always having something to eat all day
long as they desire. I think there is definitely an
advantage to that because they learn to be quiet and
wait.