msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Web host

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Web host
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 10:11:00 -0500

At a bare minimum, anyone can post a blurb about their MSAR unit
here on MSAR-Riders, and I will link to the blurb from the MSAR
units directory (http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/). Because
that page has so many team names and hence uses all the proper
terms so many times, it will come up near the top in almost any
relevant web search.

Also, any volunteer MSAR unit can have their own website on
www.ibiblio.org, at no cost. You would need to produce your own
web pages and copy them to ibiblio via FTP. Ibiblio is not a
commercial ISP, but rather a non-profit incubator; it is not
consumer oriented, but for the tecnically savvy it has all the
frills.

By the way, you can help me help you, by (1) putting a link to
the MSAR units directory or home page (http://www.ibiblio.org/msar)
on your own web pages, and (2) e-mailing msar@ibiblio.org whenever
the URL of your home page changes. I periodically check all links
and research the ones that go bad, but I have time to do that only
every few months (and it is a lot of work).

Thanks,

Una Smith
(an ibiblio contributor since 1993)