msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Web site

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lauris10@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Web site
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:39:46 -0600

Scott, we use the Garmin Etrex units, you can find them on Ebay quite cheap
now, Got mine for around $60... you can also interface them with your
computers. They have back tracking and can be set either to UTM or lat/long.
Lauri
Osage Beach (MO) FPD SAR division.

www.pinecountysheriffpatrol.com<http://www.pinecountysheriffpatrol.com/>
> We have not updated recently.
>
> We are in the market for two simple GPS's without radio, but with
backtrack feature. Is there a easy to use unit out there that's affordable?
This will surely be used more in training then working hours.