msar-riders - [MSAR] New to the list

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted Search & Rescu" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] New to the list
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:43:06 -0500

I just got onto the list this past week and I thought I should introduce
myself. My name is Chuck Daniel and I belong to the Kokosing Valley Mounted
Search & Rescue based out of Knox County Ohio. Our group was formed four
years ago and we have 15 riders and 3 ground personnel. Our members all are
long time horse people and come from a variety of backgrounds.

This past week I and one other attended the first annual Mounted Search and
Rescue training session presented by Mounted Police Systems Inc. and
sponsored by the Kentucky Mounted Horse Park Police. Emphasis was in three
areas; GPS in search and rescue, ICS in search and rescue and evidence
preservation. There were 48 students from civilian, law enforcement and fire
and safety disciplines. In short, it was a great experience.

Well, that's all for now

Chuck and Meeco