msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] [SAR-L] EMAC in CA

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David C. Kovar" <kovar@1srg.org>
  • To: "'Discussion list for Search and Rescue'" <sar-l@ml.islandnet.com>, "'MSAR-L'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] [SAR-L] EMAC in CA
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:08:21 -0700

Greetings,

It may be worthwhile to note that one concern California has had with EMAC
is that it would put more into the system than it would get out of it. A net
exporter of services as it were. We are pretty self sufficient when it comes
to disasters and many of the resources which enable that self sufficiency
would be exported out of state at California tax payer's expense.

I don't know what the costs involved are.

California SAR resources might want to join EMAC so we can go help, but our
neighbors who are trying to get the school system fixed might think the
money is better kept here at home.

-David