msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] hurricane-- don't go

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: lmabry@zianet.com
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] hurricane-- don't go
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:34:05 -0600

I dont think anyone was planning to go unless they are officially requested.

irvin lichtenstein writes:
If you are not credentialed with a unit that has been called up by FEMA for
the hurricane, stay home.
FEMA has called up USAR Teams, Coast Guard assets (a helicopter and HC-130
just left from Cape May), Red Cross assets are in place or enroute (again 1
planeload and 3 ERV's via road from SE PA), National Guard by the governors,
DMATs, and DVAT.
The local utilities are holding off the usual TDY of line crews because they
don't know what will be needed yet. As many as 800 linemen and their
vehicles will leave PECO Energy Thursday for there on the clock. There are
also reports of Americorps personnel being shipped in on the clock.
My FEMA unit, National Defense Executive Reserve is not being called up as
yet.
Conditions are : NO water, no power, no phones of any kind (maybe sat
phones), no fuel, no sanitation, no shelter for anybody, let alone relief
workers, and in many areas flooding.
This is not an area you want to be in without shots for every water borne
disease imaginable,
snakes, and alligators.

Lydia Mabry, Independent Associate
Prepaid Legal and Identity Theft Protection
www.prepaidlegalonline.us
www.lascrucesnewmexico.us