msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Carlos and Spain

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Carlos and Spain
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:39:06 -0500

[Chris Pennington's attachment has been removed to the MSAR
website, http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/HARMS_TEST.doc . -Una]

Hi Carlos- one of the most important aspects of a mounted group is the
horses. There are many things you can do to make your horses (or mules)
better Search and Rescue mounts. I can't remember if this group allows
attachments but I will try to attach our testing sheet. It will give you
a good idea of the basics needed by your mounted "teams"- horse and
rider. If it doesn't attach I'll send it along to you personally. I
believe ours is very similar to other teams. Hopefully it will help you.

If you have any specific questions ask away! This list is full of very
experienced and knowledgeable people.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR