msar-riders - [MSAR] Calling all MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Calling all MSAR
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:12:33 -0700

With blessings of NASAR's board and officers, the standards
publisher ASTM International has taken over development of a
minimum standard for mounted SAR. The ASTM subcommittee in
charge of this work, F32.02, has asked me to compile a list
of addresses for interested MSAR teams and others (sheriff's
offices, newsletters, equestrian organizations, etc.).

F32.02 expects to post a draft standard on the web in early
2005. ASTM will issue an open invitation to all interested
parties to read and comment on the draft.

I have a list of all MSAR teams in New Mexico, including some
with no Internet presence, only a mailing address. It would
be a significant public service to the larger MSAR community,
if readers here would compile similar lists for their states,
and send the lists to me. I will forward the lists to ASTM,
and also use them to send a postcard invitation to subscribe
to MSAR-Riders.

If you would like to volunteer to compile contact addresses
for your state, please send me an e-mail and I will help you
get started by sharing my own contacts there with you.

Thanks,