msar-riders - [MSAR] TriState SAR Conference, New York

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Trails End Farm <trailsendfarm@erols.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] TriState SAR Conference, New York
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:54:32 -0400

Let's see if I can get this whole message to appear this time:

I've been invited to bring some manner of mounted search and rescue
discussion and demonstrations to the Tri-State SAR Conference,
September 15 - 19 (presenting on Friday the 17th).

Is anyone out there a member of a mounted unit in New York, New Jersey,
or Pennsylvania who might also be attending this conference? Perhaps we
could kibitz? Or perhaps knowing someone will be discussing mounted SAR
you'd be interested in attending.

I am the current commander of the Maryland based mounted search team,
TROT-SAR. I've been with the team since its inception in 1992, have
achieved my SAR-Tech II certification through NASAR, and this year took 4
horses and 5 team members to the NASAR conference in Landsdowne Virginia
and jointly presented mounted demonstrations with the assistance of
Jorene Downs, chair of the initial team working to draft some MSAR
certification criteria for NASAR. I am also on that team.

Those are my credentials in a nutshell. I've already provided Una
with the TROT-SAR training standards to post on the website of
msar-riders' discussion list, and my Assistant Commander Tomi Finkle also
frequents this email list. we have a page on our parent organization's
website,  www.trot-md.org/sar.htm

Suzanne Anderson
TROT Mounted Search Team
trailsendfarm@erols.com