msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Welcome to MSAR-Riders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lyne Peterson <lyne@bryngyld.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Welcome to MSAR-Riders
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 10:37:55 -0700 (PDT)

Intro: My SAR mount is an off-the-track TB mare who is 17 hands and 7 yrs old. I can just barely get my foot in the stirrup and I'm 6' tall. ^_^ She is quite sensible and we are just lacking our 10 mile trail ride to be certified. We have gone through our 3 day training which included sensory, obstacle, ring work, and trail sessions. I am a member of Sacramento County Sheriff's Mounted Search & Rescue Unit. I am a certified ground searcher and am also training a canine. My son and daughter are also training two ex-racer Standardbreds for SAR. They are exceptionally suitable for SAR.

¸..·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´
Lyne Peterson
Northern California