msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] So CA SAR volunteer died en route to SAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] So CA SAR volunteer died en route to SAR
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:54:19 -0700

From: <pennbo@bbv.net>
> Oh NO! I just got back from vacation and read this. When did it happen
> Jorene?

The info about the fatal traffic accident was from another list - posted
today by a reliable source. I just located a free (no registration required)
news site with another article.
http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2279290,00.html
"YUCCA VALLEY - A sheriff's search-and-rescue team member en route to look
for a missing hiker at Joshua Tree National Park was killed Saturday and
four other members were injured when a drunken driver struck their vehicle
head-on, authorities said."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA SAR - Hasty Team ICP team