msar-riders - [MSAR] Memorial Weekend

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jeff Ezell" <eztech@pdq.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Memorial Weekend
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:46:31 -0500

As we hustle around to get ready for a busy weekend keep in your thoughts how we got to where we are today and remember those many brave Americans who made it possible.

Maybe take a moment to share your thanks with a veteran, or a family who's suffered the loss of a loved one in any war. We're losing over a thousand of our WW II veterans every day. When you meet someone from that era, ask if they or family members have served and thank them for their honored service to our country. If they want to share some stories with you take the time to listen, you may never have another chance. Stop and shake the hand of any active service person in uniform. Tell them you appreciate them for their service. Despite the ugly politics of today, our dedicated soldiers are bravely protecting you and your family from terrorism, defending our rights and freedoms and extending the opportunity for others to do the same.

President Reagan's D-Day memorial speech:

Maybe go visit your town's memorial or cemetery for vets for a brief time, take some flags to leave behind. Tell your kids & grandkids the meaning of it all.

Maybe before you ride out with your friends and family, gather around and say thanks verbally, maybe as a prayer, so all can remember. Our young folks today have a hard time understanding these values because many schools do a poor job for whatever reason. Share your thoughts and feelings.

Be proud. Give thanks. Enjoy your freedom. Be safe...

Jeff Ezell
US Regional Search Dogs
US Search Affiliates

...to Search...to Save...

  • [MSAR] Memorial Weekend, Jeff Ezell, 05/28/2004