msar-riders - [MSAR] Volunteer Liability/Homeland Security

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thomas and Christy Matthews" <tcmatthews0113@msn.com>
  • To: "mounted sar list" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Volunteer Liability/Homeland Security
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 08:16:08 -0700

This web sit will give you the state laws for each state regarding volunteer
liability. Just scroll down to your state.

On the homeland security issue, we provide our local county DES coordinator
a frequently updated list of the training each member of our SAR unit
has, we list each member and their phone no. and list medical training, wilderness
training, high angle rope rescue, swift water, ice rescue, mounted sar training, and
certified search dog handlers, IC training and any other relevant training in a chart
form so that it's easy for them to look at the appropriate category and go down
the list to see who is qualified to do what job.

This also serves as a way to keep in touch with our local disaster folks and keep
abreast of what is going on locally and statewide.

Christy Matthews

  • [MSAR] Volunteer Liability/Homeland Security, Thomas and Christy Matthews, 03/30/2004