msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] SAR Training/Standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "L. S." <obsar1864@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] SAR Training/Standards
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:59:29 -0600

REally good point Fred! Our team is diversified, mounted, ground, canine... and what is stressed everytime we get a new member is that first, and foremost we are ground pounders... we have ground training, and the apply that to the specialty. I've had friends show interest in SAR, but lose it quick when I tell them that. :-)

Lauri Struve
Osage Beach Fire Protection District SAR Division