msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Long time no hear!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Long time no hear!
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:49:51 -0700

bonnie elster wrote:
>Were you able to look into the programs of CHA? I'm
>interested if you think it will be a good resource for MSAR.

I did, and they sound excellent. But wrt NASAR's efforts to
write standards for MSAR, everyone here should know NASAR
intends to also develop its *own* training and certification
program for NASAR instructors to teach and conduct exams for
its own MSAR standard, just as NASAR has done for its basic
SAR standards (well, for its SAR TECH certifications; AFAIK,
NASAR has no formal written standard for basic SAR).

On the other hand, anyone developing their own MSAR standard
and/or training program should look at CHA, and consider how
to build on what CHA has already achieved.

>Has everything been quiet the last few weeks?

Yes.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico