msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 7, Issue 16

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Julie Hammond <hammond4h@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 7, Issue 16
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:40:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

We formed in 2002 and can only be dispatched by a local law enforcement agency.
We  are not part of any Sheriff's dept or law enforcement agency, however we are an extension to them offering assistance when requested. We are rural city so we are expected to call for help when the victim is found. Depending on the condition of the victim we can offer CPR and basic first aid. If it is a sad situation we are not to touch anything and back off and report to the law enforcement agency.  We are not to discuss our case with anyone and if the media approaches us we are to say "no comment"

The items the teams carry with them are a radio (every member) and a basic first aid kit
(for the team)

Our teams consist of:  Horse, 4- Wheeler, Walk, Communications,  Auxillary, Communications,  Dive Recovery, Swift Water Rescue, and Air Search.

If you would like to visit our web site at:
www.geocities.com/searchandrescue77357/index.html

Best Regards,
Julie
East Montgomery County S&R