msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Night searches

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Night searches
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:11:36 -0700

Paul,

My unit conducts night searches. A little trick we use is to hang chem
lights under the stirups using electrical wire ties. It helps vehicles see
you and you can watch the ground under your partner's horse.They are not
too much good for tracking, but if your subject dropped something they might
illuminate it. Also this type of illumination will not drgrade your night
vision as much as powerful spot lights.

Paul Fleming
PMSAR