msar-riders - [MSAR] ESCAPE 2003/never enough training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] ESCAPE 2003/never enough training
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:13:24 -0600

Lydia Mabry <lydia@theonlynet.net>, Las Cruces NM, wrote:
>We are with the Sheriff's mounted patrol - voluntee SAR and deputy
>reserve unit. We dont get as much training as we need but hopefully
>that will improve.

Hi Lydia,

ESCAPE, the New Mexico SAR conference, will be in Ruidoso in
2004, and there are plans to again offer more training for
mounted SAR.

Several msar-riders subscribers, besides me, were at ESCAPE
2003 this past weekend. Perhaps some of them will comment on
it for us all? I was the MSAR instructor, so my perspective
is skewed; plus, I would really appreciate more feedback on
my classroom presentation.

Thanks,

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico