msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Non-mounted Ops questions

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: bonnie elster <elster530@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Non-mounted Ops questions
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:59:41 -0800 (PST)

July 25-27 At Robie Pt & it's sponsored by El Dorado
County this year.
May is Sacramento Sheriff's Posse Info: 916 991 1199.
Po box 942, Rio Linda CA 95673

http://platinum.yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 10:30:18 -0500
From: "geig779@aol.com c/o MSAR Maintainer" <msar@ibiblio.org>
To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [MSAR] Re: Wilderness MSAR and tracking

geig779@aol.com wrote:

Please forgive me, Don and Shirley Bendell have a heart of gold, give of
themselves. But, may I caution you. He is an opportunist, toots his horn on
many things that are questionable concerning his experiences. He has enough
practical knowledge to be reckless. Formal knowledge, no. He helped track two
criminals, the whole 4 Corners area was involve, One lost adult and two kids.
He is not devoted to, nor does he get out and train/practice with the
Fremont County SAR. He has to many irons in the fire. Bendell has a touch of
the John Wayne Syndrome. He has a Internet site under the name of Don
Bendell, please look. I do not know if Mr. Brown still teaches tracking in
PA. He taught a wonderful class and has written some very interesting
articles and books. If memory serves me right, I believe he has taught some
military schools on a contract basis out of Fort Bragg. Some members of our
Special Forces groups will assist in training staff members of your local
county sheriffs SAR Teams the survival aspect of the land. Especially, if you
must go deep (hunters). Contact Navy, Marines, or Army. Once again, forgive
me for a little negative word. The Old Boy.