msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Carrying MSAR equipment

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Carrying MSAR equipment
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:46:48 -0800

None of the vests I saw on the hivis.biz site had enough storage space.
Combined with a large fanny pack or lumbar pack they could probably get the job done, but some riders don't like wearing a pack around the waist all day. My mental image was more like a multi-pocket hunting vest with a large pouch on the back. Surveyor's vests have the multiple pockets and back pouch, and sometimes a radio mic clip, but I haven't seen any combined with mesh to keep them cooler in the heat.
My own vest was custom made for about $110 out of orange cordura and mesh [...]
I suspect you chose the cordura over the polyester for fabric strength? Pack much weight in the pockets and those pockets better be double stitched.
If anyone wants to contact the lady who made these, I can look up her address
My unit recently purchased 20 vests which folks are buying for $70.  I'll try to get details and a description if anyone's interested.

I'd like contact into for both. Thanks!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA