msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Looking for local Mounted SAR information

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Looking for local Mounted SAR information
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:57:51 -0700

Susan Wright <smw12aug@yahoo.com> wrote:
>I live in Huntsville AL and I'm interested in where to
>go for training and what groups are in this area.

Susan,

For MSAR training, your options are limited. But for general
SAR training, there are many options. What kind of training
are you looking for?

There are three MSAR units in Alabama that have websites. See
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/index.html. One unit is in
Tuscaloosa County, so maybe in your area. If not, contact them
all for leads to other units. Most MSAR units are not on the
web yet.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, New Mexico

  • [MSAR] Re: Looking for local Mounted SAR information, Una Smith, 02/17/2003