msar-riders - [MSAR] The right words

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "klstokes" <klstokes@qwest.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] The right words
  • Date: Mon Dec 9 23:15:01 2002

"A find by ANY team is a victory for ALL teams; "
This sounds like a direct quote from me, I preach it all
the time. Our first team is the horse and rider. It is
essential that we work together - as a team. The next team
might be you and a couple other riders doing a hasty
search. Work together. Another team might be a larger
group doing a sweep search. A lot can be easily missed
unless you work together. The next defination of team might
be all the mounted units on a search. It takes teamwork to
coordinate different units doing various tasks. And then
the teamwork it takes when your working with ground
pounders, dog teams, mountian bikes, and all the other
resources involved in a search.
A find by any team is a victory for all teams...I love
that line! As you can tell, I'm big on teamwork.
Kevin Stokes
Washington County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol

  • [MSAR] The right words, klstokes, 12/09/2002