msar-riders - [MSAR] Introduce myself

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Administrator <msar@metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Introduce myself
  • Date: Wed Oct 23 11:35:00 2002

I used to do a lot of backcountry hiking trips, including training
for and leading groups of first year college students on weeklong
trips. On most trips by chance we did some kind of search and
rescue (SAR) work, and it was very satisfying to help people in
distress. But I never joined a "groundpounder" SAR group because
I always hate the first day of a hiking trip and most SAR missions
last only one day. Instead, I learned to ride and bought a very
cool horse, planning to do backcountry riding (my real job used to
involve field work in remote places). Then I discovered mounted
SAR (MSAR).

--
Una

Administrator,
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar and msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

  • [MSAR] Introduce myself, MSAR Administrator, 10/23/2002