monkeywire - [monkeywire] Serial Killer Used Monkey To Lure Victims

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: carrie mclaren <brooklynite282 AT gmail.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Serial Killer Used Monkey To Lure Victims
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:49:59 -0500

SERIAL KILLER PETER TOBIN USED A MONKEY TO LURE YOUNG VICTIMS

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/113433/Serial-Killer-Peter-Tobin-used-a-monkey-to-lure-young-victims/

20th December 2009

SERIAL killer Peter Tobin used a monkey to lure young girls into his evil
clutches.

And it is feared the monster may have used the evil ploy to commit many more
murders.

Tobin lived in Brighton, East Sussex, through the 1980s and 90s.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday last night: “He would wander along the
beach with the monkey on his shoulder and made a bee-line for pretty girls.

“He was charming and even good-looking. But if you looked closely, his eyes
were cold and menacing. Thinking about it still makes me shudder.”

And a former café waitress in the resort said: “Tobin would often come in
and he would always be with a young girl half his age.

“He usually had a monkey on his shoulder and the animal would be the centre
of attention. I now know that he used it to hide his sinister side. I dread
to think what happened to the girls who were taken in by this trick.”

Tobin, 63, will spend the rest of his life in jail after being found guilty
last week of drugging and strangling Dinah McNicol, 18, in 1991.

She vanished while hitch-hiking home to Tillingham, Essex, after leaving a
music festival in Liphook, Hampshire.

She was buried near one of Tobin’s former homes in Margate, Kent.

He had already been convicted of the killings of Vicky Hamilton, 15, of
Redding, Stirlingshire, and Polish student Angelika Kluk, 23.

Tobin, from Johnstone in Renfrewshire, once bragged to a prison psychiatrist
about killing 48 women – then sneered: “Prove it.”

  • [monkeywire] Serial Killer Used Monkey To Lure Victims, carrie mclaren, 12/20/2009