monkeywire - [monkeywire] Kim Kardashian apologizes

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: josh.greenman AT gmail.com
  • To: "monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org" <monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Kim Kardashian apologizes
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 06:19:08 +0000

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/02/kim-kardashian.html

Kim Kardashian apologizes for blog post about pet chimp

4:30 PM, February 25, 2009

Kim Kardashian is apologizing for a recent blog post in which she describes
her family's recent addition of a pet chimpanzee named Suzy.  The post was
published on Kardashian's website within a week of the chimpanzee attack that
left a woman in critical condition and the chimp dead.

"I understand my timing was not appropriate and it was insensitive of me, so
I want to explain. The pictures I posted are from six months ago when we were
filming Season Three of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians,' " the reality TV
star wrote in the new post, dated Monday.

Kardashian says the post about Suzy was written prior to the chimpanzee
attack and scheduled to publish as a preview of sorts to the upcoming third
season of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians."  The show stars Kim, her sisters
Kourtney and Khloe,  socialite mother Kris, and Kris' husband, athlete Bruce
Jenner.

"My mom has been begging Kourtney, Khloe and I to settle down and have kids,
so we thought it would be funny to rent a baby chimpanzee for a week and
leave her with my mom," Kardashian says.  "We don't still have Suzy, she was
just rented for a week! You guys will see what happens this season with
Suzy!"

Responding to commenters' outrage about the insensitivity of posting the
pictures so soon after the Massachusetts attack, Kardashian writes, "My mom
and I saw it on the news and heard the 911 calls and we both cried! Our
family is praying for everyone involved in that traumatizing attack."

Is Kardashian's apology good enough for you?  Are you relieved that the
family only rented a chimp rather than buying one?  (And do you, like us,
wonder Where on earth can one rent a chimp?)

--Lindsay Barnett

  • [monkeywire] Kim Kardashian apologizes, josh . greenman, 02/26/2009