monkeywire - [monkeywire] Boob-grabbing monkey freaks out Ricci

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: "carrie mclaren" <brooklynite282 AT gmail.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Boob-grabbing monkey freaks out Ricci
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:06:37 -0500

Boob-grabbing monkey freaks out Ricci
Sat, December 22, 2007
http://torontosun.com/Entertainment/OtherEntertainment/2007/12/22/4737058-sun.html

By SUN WIRE SERVICES
Christina Ricci had to face her primate fear when she co-starred with
the monkey Willie in the upcoming flick Speed Racer.

"I'm afraid of monkeys," Ricci told Parade magazine.

"But then I thought, 'You're being silly. No one else has a problem.'
So they started filming, and Willie suddenly freaked out and grabbed
my left breast and would not let go! I thought, 'If this keeps up, I
will no longer have a boob.' But the other actors in the scene weren't
looking at me, so they didn't notice. I was going, 'Help! Help!' as
quietly as possible so Willie didn't freak out any further. And,
finally, they got him off me."

Ricci revealed the root of her fear. "I saw this story on the news
about a man who brought cake to some chimps, and they tore him to
pieces," she reveals.

  • [monkeywire] Boob-grabbing monkey freaks out Ricci, carrie mclaren, 12/22/2007