monkeywire - [monkeywire] (no subject)

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: steven brookenthal <stevestrash AT yahoo.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] (no subject)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:13:09 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.zsl.org/news/n_0000001461.asp
Can apeing around resolve workplace conflicts?

The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is calling for
volunteers to take part in a major new study into
human and chimpanzee behaviours. Chimps are our
closest living relatives, and as such share a variety
of similarities, not only in genetic make-up but also
in expression and behaviour.

Animal behaviour experts at ZSL are asking volunteers
to 'talk chimp' in everyday life and see how primate
patter can resolve workplace conflicts, express
emotions and strengthen human bonds. The results of
this major study will be published later in the year
to see just how 'talking chimp' can help in everyday
life.

To take part in the study, click here to download our
survey, then use the chimp behaviours in your everyday
life, complete the survey and return it to be analysed
and included in our report to be published later in
the year. All completed surveys returned by 31st May
2004 will be entered into a free prize draw to win a
family ticket to visit Whipsnade Wild Animal Park.

This research coincides with the opening of our new
chimp facility at Whipsnade Wild Animal Park, we are
investigating these similarities to enable us to
communicate even better with our chimps and to also
see what we can learn when it comes to communicating
with our human colleagues.