monkeywire - [monkeywire] Woman faints after chasing man in gorilla suit

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: gregory nahas <lettherebemonkeys AT yahoo.com>
  • To: monkeywire <monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Woman faints after chasing man in gorilla suit
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_808048.html?menu=news.quirkies

Woman faints after chasing man in gorilla suit

A fruit vendor fainted while chasing a man in a
gorilla suit who had stolen a bunch of bananas from
her.

The woman had to be taken to hospital after a crew
filming a Candid Camera-style TV show targeted her
shop in Hong Kong on Saturday.

When the man in a gorilla suit grabbed her bananas,
she hit him with a broom and chased him out of the
shop before collapsing.

She later told reporters "All I saw was something big
and black with a lot of hair. When I realised it was a
gorilla, I collapsed."

Police detained the man in the gorilla suit and the
film crew for questioning before releasing them on
bail.

The "gorilla" said he would send the shopkeeper a
bunch of flowers.

Story filed: 11:58 Monday 11th August 2003