monkeywire - Letter to the editor: Frustrated with monkeys

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: monkeywire AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Letter to the editor: Frustrated with monkeys
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:42:16 -0500

BORNEO BULLETIN
August 15, 2001

LENGTH: 163 words

HEADLINE: Letters to the editor: Frustrated with monkeys

BODY:

Whom should I approach to get an immediate response to get rid of some monkeys that live just behind our house? These monkeys really annoy me. Several times they have entered my house and ransacked my kitchen, my garbage bags and have left my dining table in a mess.

I always try to shoo them away by using my broom but these monkeys are very aggressive and they try to attack me.

I tried calling 995 but they asked me, "Are these monkeys still there?" I told them that the monkeys had already gone back to their trees behind my house. Then they said, "Well, then we can't do much but anyway you can call us back if those monkeys come to your house again."

What if the monkeys leave my house while they are on their way?

I am so frustrated and angry. Can somebody please catch them for us?!! (At the time of writing this letter two monkeys just poured chilli sauce on my dining table and took away some chocolate bars).

From Angry and Frustrated

  • Letter to the editor: Frustrated with monkeys, Carrie McLaren, 08/17/2001