monkeywire - TV Listings 12/4-12/10

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: "Lulu Bates" <number1chicken AT hotmail.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: TV Listings 12/4-12/10
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:24:55

I'm writing to give all you monkey fans a heads up to this weeks small screen monkey attractions. If you hear of any upcoming monkey movies, monkey movie marathons or anything with Lancelot Link, please email me, Lulu Bates, at number1chicken AT hotmail.com.

Program your VCRs or plan your week accordingly!

12/5 on Animal Planet at 9:30 am, "The Empire Strikes Bark" promises to have an entire segment dedicated to exploring monkey thumbs. Do you have anything better to do on a Tuesday night? I didn't think so.

Also on 12/5 on Animal Planet at 5 pm, "Wild Rescues" shows a chimpanzee rescued from the clutches of death by some stalwart zoo keepers. Like "ER," but with a monkey.

12/6 on UPN at 2 am, "Monkey Trouble," everyone's favorite UPN show, except, maybe, "Moesha," introduces us to a nine-year-old girl who's aiding and abetting her pet monkey who is a fugitive after working in cahoots with a Gypsy hustler. Also airs on 12/10.

This week's absolute Must See:
12/7 on TBS at 8:05 pm, "Any Which Way You Can," the 1980 not-quite-classic, but certainly genre-making trucker/monkey movie starring Clint Eastwood as a trucker with a brawling Orangutan sidekick. Dirty Harry's nothing compared to this guy. If you miss the Wednesday night showing, don't worry, it's on Thursday night, too.

12/8 on Animal Planet at 5:30, "Animal Encounters with Jim Fowler," Jim Fowler continues his African Animals series by staging an intervention for a St. Elsewhere-addicted Colobus monkey. I mean, except for that St.Elsewhere intervention part.

Also on 12/8, but on USA at 10 am, catch reruns of Christina Applegate's failed comeback vehicle, "Jesse," with an episode called "Students get Flu, Carrie at Zoo, Monkey Throws Poo." With such witty writing, it really makes you wonder why the show got canceled.

12/9 on Fox at 9 am, "Awesome Adventures" goes to Malaysia and the island of Borneo to see Orangutans in native costume performing local dances. Or something like that.

12/10 on Animal Planet at 9:30 am, "Crocodile Hunter's Croc Files' Monkey Around" continues the tour of primate life including chimps, baboons, gorillas and macaques. No poo throwing here. Er, maybe.

Also on 12/10 on Animal Planet at 2:30 pm, "Jim Henson's Animal Show" featuring Colobus monkeys. I'm not sure if they are puppets or real, though.

And our runner up for this week's Must see:
12/10 on Comedy Central at 10 pm, "The Man Show" has Jimmy marrying a Chimpanzee. Instead of throwing rice do you think they'll throw...Nah.

  • TV Listings 12/4-12/10, Lulu Bates, 12/04/2000