microid - Re: [Microid] php microid

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Will Norris <will AT willnorris.com>
  • To: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] php microid
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:39:30 -0700

I apologize for replying to my own message and so soon, but I quickly thought of a few important changes. Primarily, I've added a 'verify' function that takes the two URIs as well as a microid. The microid can be in the latest format or legacy, and the method will return true if they ID is valid. I was only thinking about generating the IDs and hadn't even considered what might be useful to consumers.

I've also wrapped things in a class to (partially) avoid namespace collisions, added some more comments, added a license so there is no question of reuse, and removed the md5 legacy test case since legacy assumes sha1. Any critiques are welcome and appreciated.

-will