market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Allium Leaf Miner -- remedies?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: elaine granata <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Allium Leaf Miner -- remedies?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 20:15:53 -0600

Dorene:  June issue of Vegetable Growers News has an article and suggests ways to manage:  yellow sticky cards or yellow plastic bowls with soapy water; covering plants in Feb, prior to emergence of the adult ,and keep covered until after spring emergence;  grow leeks as far possible from chives, their preferred target; systemic and contact insecticides can be effective; contact your local extension office.

Elaine

Denver