market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Crows

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Gary Scott <twinspringsfarmva AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Crows
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 08:34:37 -0400

Mr. Shoemaker is right, the best method is "string one up in the middle of the field and they won't bother your place" I have tried other options. I know a couple of guys who kill them and put them in the freezer. Crows have very keen eye site, are very smart, they can count, and have scouts. There is one outside my backdoor every morning, he starts squawking the minute he sees me. I hang the dead crow on a 8' T post in the middle of my field. When that one starts to decay I get another one. I do occasionally shoot buckshot at them have only killed one.