market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bayer makes takeover bid for Monsanto

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bayer makes takeover bid for Monsanto
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 08:21:02 -0400

On May 19, 2016, at 6:05 AM, Mike Rock wrote:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36328847

Well, ain't that cute.  :(

Quote from that article:

Shares in Bayer lost more than 7% in early trade on Thursday after the offer was announced.

-- It may not go through; it's possible that the overconsolidation of the seed "industry" is beginning to sink in to regulators, though whether they'll be paying any attention to the seed size of the business as compared to the chemical production I don't know.