market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Help my popcorn won't pop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marlin Burkholder <burkholders AT glenecofarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Help my popcorn won't pop
  • Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 20:06:30 -0500

Title: Re: [Market-farming] Help my popcorn won't pop
I have little experience, but have read that the kernels need to dry and I assumed that meant on the cob.  We have not had very good success either.  Does it need to mature on the stalk to a certain stage before plucking.

By the way, I was told that you can put a cob in a bag and pop it in the microwave.  I have found that the bag needs to be big enough and sealed.

Christine Burkholder
VA