market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] drain for washing and packing shed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] drain for washing and packing shed
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:19:30 -0400

Right now it is discharged to a grassy area.  When the drain line is installed it will be placed under a grassed laneway with a final discharge (for any water which doesn't drain into the soil along the way) into an old ditch in the hedgerow.  . When I checked with the county they said that this was OK as long as I didn't use any soaps or wash chemicals.

Andy