market-farming - [Market-farming] Woollypod vetch vs hairy vetch

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: GarlicGrower <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <PASAeastern AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Woollypod vetch vs hairy vetch
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 20:35:30 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Just got a Penn State article on cover crops which extolled the virtues of woollypod vetch.

We’ve been using hairy vetch as a cover crop and, as long as we plant it early enough (we’ll be planting in mid-September) and plow it under when it flowers, we’ve been happy with it.

Has anyone used woollypod vetch and liked it better than hairy vetch?

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

75 Creamery Road

Pottstown, PA 19465

610-506-3372

http://www.hillcreekfarmpa.com/

  • [Market-farming] Woollypod vetch vs hairy vetch, GarlicGrower, 08/28/2014