market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:08:51 -0400

I would guess pollination. 8" is a little long, in my experience, for that,
but I don't know Zephyr. I've seen that commonly at 3-6".

I've had poor luck with unassisted pollination of zucchini in my hoop houses,
despite their being next to the open sides. I'll be trying to help things
along this year.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm