market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Recommend good snow pea varieties?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: David Paysnick <davepays AT gmail.com>
  • To: "farmersue AT myfairpoint.net" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Recommend good snow pea varieties?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 21:43:20 -0400

I second Sue's comments (in western Massachusetts)

David Paysnick
Greenfield Community Farm
34 Glenbrook Dr.
Greenfield, MA 01301
413-271-2772
Sent from the field, please excuse    typos and punctuation errors!

On Jun 8, 2014, at 8:40 PM, "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net> wrote:

I love and have great success with Oregon Giant snow peas.  Unlike normal snow peas, the larger these get, the better the taste. When they get really big, and the peas inside get large, they have a nutty flavor, but still are so good, before this stage.   If you can get a fall planting, you will enjoy these very much. It is the only ones I buy anymore. They do not need trellising, probably helpful, but I don't.  I plant these in the Spring and fall.

Sue

Vermont