market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pellet stove?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Brian Luton <bcluton AT aol.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pellet stove?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 00:05:52 -0400

I think the point that Ann is making is consider the costs and perceived
future costs of your fuel source in your particular area - as well as the
efficacy of any particular heating system for your situation. Up front
costs, management style, etc.

Pellets can be costly. Or not. Oil can be "free", or not. Energy is changing
all the time.

I've mentioned this example in the past but its worth noting again - in our
area a few years back yellow grease generators (restaurants, etc.) and
chipped wood generators (tree services, municipalities, etc) were paying to
get rid of the stuff. Now they're either personally capturing its
heating/fuel value or selling it to those that will. Availability with some
of the "free" byproduct energy sources can be challenging...and/or fleeting.

Sent from my iPhone