market-farming - [Market-farming] Land Partner Wanted

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kraft Marty <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Farming Market <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Land Partner Wanted
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:07:16 -0600

From a person i know in Arkansas. - Marty

===========

Land Partner Wanted: High Quality/Low cost living situation

Is your heart alive to beauty? Do you passionately yearn to live in a really beautiful, quiet, bucolic place?  Are you an artist or writer who needs a lot of space and wants a lot of time?  Are you a mature man or exceptionally strong and skilled woman age 45 – 62, who relishes outdoor life?  Are you keenly interested in gardening?  The vegetable garden is 100’ x 100’ with good soil; it is very productive.

Are you interested in a quiet, home-centered life, and a situation that could well be permanent?  Do you want a real home that could be the arena of great freedom, creativity and excellence?

Yes basically I’m offering a wonderful living situation (and partnership, not a job): a large old farmhouse and the use of a hermitage with great natural light, both furnished and in good condition.

Do you have some income, assets or home business to support yourself if your living costs were less than $1500/year, plus food and gas?  Yes, you would pay only $120/month (a flat rate that covers my expenses to pay the utility bills for the farmhouse) and do about 10 hours of general maintenance a month.  Some seasonal chores we’d do together, some could be divided.

The physical setting is an old 140 acre farm of mixed pastures and woods, bottomlands and uplands.  Would you be happy to be part of the solution, in terms of land management/climate change issues—engaged in a program that seeks to create a luxuriant vegetative mantle and avoid compaction, bare soil, and erosion?  The farm is in the middle of a 5 mile long creek valley where almost all the properties are 3-400 acres, located 50 miles east of the college town Fayetteville, Arkansas, and 15 miles from the trailheads of the Buffalo River: great hiking, riding, and canoeing.

The farmhouse is old, mellow and lovely.  It needs someone with a protective, respectful attitude.  The source of the respect is that it is the center of a very beautiful place, and it supports the enjoyment and care for that place.  The house is surrounded by great beds of ornamental perennials.  It’s a 2 story house and the ground floor story cool in the summer, with big old trees on 3 sides.  There is a phone line and high speed internet.

Please do not try to visit this place without prior arrangement.  Because I have no computer or phone in my personal house, we need to make initial contact through postal mail.  Please write a statement about your goals, needs, interests, skills, rural experience etc. to Teresa Cronin, 13952 Madison 3605, Kingston, AR.  72742

Teresa Cronin

Marty Kraft
Please respond to global warming in your own way. Let care of nature become second nature.

  • [Market-farming] Land Partner Wanted, Kraft Marty, 02/13/2014