market-farming - [Market-farming] McEnroe Farms Potting Soil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Frank Ventura <frank.dragonflyfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] McEnroe Farms Potting Soil
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:40:39 -0500

We are trying to decide which organic compost based potting soil to purchase
this season to use for our vegetable starts.

We are considering McEnroe Farms from Millerton, NY.
(http://www.mcenroeorganicfarm.com/composting/growing) Has anyone used their
potting soils before? I spoke with someone who did use them but it was a
number of years ago and he recalls the farm having trouble with the blends
but doesn’t remember the specific issue. I would hope any issues back then
would have been resolved by now. Their prices are very reasonable for 1 and
2 ton sling bags.

There is always Vermont Compost but that will cost me at least a $1000 more
for my needs.