market-farming - [Market-farming] Growing Degree Days

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Buck Family" <rbuck AT pacifier.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Growing Degree Days
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 10:51:48 -0800

Hi folks,

My understanding is that some ag businesses (corn, soybeans, small grains) use growing degree days to help time activities like planting, etc.  I’m wondering if anyone uses this type of information for timing vegetable growing activities like direct seeding, transplanting and harvesting.  Have any of you tried this?

Regards,

Roy