market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Dogs at the market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol W Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Dogs at the market
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 18:56:42 -0500

The very large market that I go to banned dogs over 10 years ago because of
:
1. Eating, licking, 'nosing' produce.
2. Defecating or urinating on the walkway.
3. Taking food from/licking parts of/ barking at children in strollers or
walking.
4. Aggression between dogs.
5. Aggression toward people.
Thousands of people come to our market each Saturday and it just got out of
hand. There is a 75.00 fine for having a dog at the market but vendors, the
market manager or the police intercept owners and I understand that no one
has had to pay the fine. They just leave.
My youngest son was about 13 when he was bitten by a dog at the market who
looked very calm. We had to leave our stand to go the clinic right away.
Frankly, I wouldn't want the market to have that vulnerability.

Carol Larsen
Sunborn llc
www.sunborngardens.com