market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] taking the plunge

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] taking the plunge
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:30:13 -0400

Nice.  Welcome to the nutty world of artisan grains and they joy and sorrow that encompasses harvesting them.  :)

First thing you do is order one of every belt and bearing on the harvester.  Replace every bearing if it has more than three years on it.

Focus on getting one single grain crop in the next year.  This year we are doing corn, black turtle beans, sunflower, and buckwheat.

Feel free to email me off list.  My knowledge is more on the F series Gleaners than anything.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855