market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Entrust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Entrust
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:29:03 -0400

On Apr 5, 2013, at 12:20 PM, Etienne Goyer wrote:

You need only minute amount.  The pound will last you a long time.

In a different listserv I susbscribe to, there is a heated discussion on
the value of Entrust as an organic pesticide.  It's a broadband
insecticide, which mean it will kill both pest and pollinator.  Although
less toxic than rotenon, spinosad still show some
toxicity to mammal.  And it's made by Dow Agro, big agribusiness.

Personally, I would rather not use it if I can help it.  I consider it a
last resort pesticide.

Agreed with all of that (except that I'm unconvinced that it's less toxic than rotenone). I've avoided the stuff so far.

It's restricted use for organic production: you're supposed to have tried all the non-restricted techniques first.