market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Controls

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse Controls
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:18:11 -0400

You can use 120V thermostats with a contactor block sized for your fan motors.  I use these in my houses and they work fine. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_612108_612108 . They are $30 each.  Depending upon the amp draw of your fans, you might need one for each fan/shutter combination.  The only negative with these is that you'll only be able to set one termperature, rather than different temperatures for day and night.

Andy