market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Johnny's Flower Sprouts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Johnny's Flower Sprouts
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 10:43:13 -0400

Hi Deb,

We sowed Johnny's Flower Sprouts last summer, for fall (central Virginia zone 7 here). The seedlings germinated poorly and those that did died before reaching transplanting size. We decided they weren't right for us, so we didn't buy more seed. They looked like fun, and I'd love to here from people they worked for. This year I'm trying their Salanova lettuce.

Pam, Twin Oaks Community

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
http://www.sustainablemarketfarming.com/
http://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
http://www.newsociety.com/Books/S/Sustainable-Market-Farming