market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hoss Wheel Hoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hoss Wheel Hoe
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:40:52 -0500

We have a Hoss Wheel hoe and like it.  Use the right tools for the right jobs.  It is not a tiller.  Use a tiller to till and on compacted soils...or a broadfork.  It works great in loose soils, which is what it was designed for.  If you are short you have issues with the longer handles.  I'm six feet tall and the handles could be a just a wee bit shorter.

I like it.  I see they have a planter for it now.  Anyone have any experience with that?  I like my Jang too much to go back, just curious.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855

(513) 967-1106

  • Re: [Market-farming] Hoss Wheel Hoe, Richard Stewart, 03/03/2013